St. James Cherry BBQ Sauce
by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 1 tsp salt / black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz cherry preserves or jam
- 12 oz St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 6 oz cherry cola
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- Heat grapeseed oil over medium high heat.
- Add finely minced onion, season with salt and pepper; cook 10 – 12 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in preserves, wine, cola, brown sugar, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 45 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce reduces by 1/3.
- Serve with the Berkshire Pork Shoulder.