Berkshire Pork Shoulder
by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
- 4 – 5 lbs pork shoulder, bone-in
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 qt chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 1 can beer
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub on the pork shoulder.
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Brown the pork and remove from the pot.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic, diced tomatoes, wine, and beer.
- Return the prok to the pot.
- Cover and put in the oven for 3 1/2 hours, until the meat is extremely tender.
- Shred the delicious pork & serve with the St. James Cherry BBQ Sauce!